Monday, June 10, 2013

The Question Why

One of the first questions that a child asks as he or she is learning how to talk is "Why?" Throughout our lives we all want to know the reason things happen. There is a reason for everything, but it is so important for us to understand the why in the situation.

Why did this happen?
Why do I have to go through this trial?
Why is life so difficult?
Why can't something good happen?
Why?
Why?
Why?

I'm sure that you can add a few more questions on here. The inevitable why, is usually followed by the answer because. Doesn't that drive you crazy?

Last night, I had an experience where I learned the why to a particular health difficulty. Part of the reason was to help people learn service, or, in other words, let people help me and put aside my pride. Look back at what you've been through and find a reason. The reason can be anything from having it to make you stronger, to help others, to gain empathy, or to fix a broken relationship. There is a reason. I promise.

People often look at me in shock when I answer the because questions in a positive manner. 

Asking the questions why helps us to gain understanding. That is how a child learns the reason of not playing in the street, touching a hot stove, or playing nicely and kindly with others. They ask and are taught the because. That because leads them to a knowledge that will help them throughout their life.

Make a list of your "Why" questions from whatever stage or trial of your life. If it has been a trial of the past, look for the reason why that had to happen to help your life end up where it is today. Look at the current trial and see how it could bring you to a better spot in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment