Friday, December 4, 2015

Relaxing Every Day!

I was given an assignment to find something to do to relax. The I was challenged to do one thing, every day, to help me relax. It is crazy how much of a killer stress can be. It can paralyze. It can make sick. It can cause insanity. It can turn the most calm person into a basket case.

Here is what I decided.

Every day can be stress-filled. When it starts to feel overwhelming, I need to have an escape. Here is what I have decided to do. I am going to find ten things that help me relax and write them down on strips of paper. When I notice the stress coming on, I will draw one of these strips and do the activity on the strip. This will help ensure that I am doing at least one thing, every day, to help me relax.

Here are the ideas that I have:

-Take a walk
-Write a short story or article
-Take some nature pictures
-Do ballet stretches


As you can see, my list falls short of ten things. I know there are lots of ideas out there but my brain seems to be stumped. Now I am turning to you. Please share any ideas that help reduce stress or calm you down when you are stressed.

I would love to hear any and all ideas!!!

4 comments:

  1. Listen to music. Read a book. Take a bath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meditate. I recommend the book Real Happiness. You can get it through the Salt Lake County Library System. I know. I have a copy checked out right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas ladies. These are so helpful! I'm excited to get started and try this out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch something funny. Talk to a friend. Read a good book or a talk. Do something ridiculously silly. Spend time with children. Do some dance moves by yourself. Color. Take a camera on your walk and look for 10 beautiful things in nature in a place that you wouldn't normally notice it.

    ReplyDelete