Saturday, December 31, 2016

Test

When you wake up and have no desire to move, you know it could be a long day. Due to pain or other issues sometimes getting out of bed is the biggest task you have and can be the biggest accomplishment of the day. It sounds a little pathetic, but it's true and the little victories need to be celebrated.

This morning, when I woke, I realized that it was going to be one of those days. I couldn't even motivate myself to get out of bed and take my medicines. As I was curled up, under my blanket, I began to wonder why I must go through the trials I have been given and wondering what it would be like to be "whole" again or to live my life without these trials of health. Then, a song I remember from high school came into my mind. It is called "The Test" by Janice Kapp Perry. I found this video on YouTube.



Needless to say, the second verse hit me. It asks about praying for healing and it not happening and understanding. It questions why healing doesn't come. Then it gives a profound answer. It is to be tested, but if we endure and endure patiently and well, we will be whole again. I yearn for that day and look forward with joy for the time when we gave be freed from these trials and burdens that tie us down in this life. Yes. This is a test, but a test we can pass!

Now I am off and going. Today is going to be a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment