Monday, October 13, 2014

Motivation

As you can see, I really haven't been great about updating this blog. Between being busy, being sick (for 3 weeks) and everything else, it became clear that I was really struggling and no desire or energy to move forward. The fact is, I lacked (and still lack) motivation.

I wish there were a magical cure for this. A way to find motivation would be incredible right now. In fact, just the other day, I saw a question, similar to this: If you found a magic lamp with a Genie and were only given one wish, instead of three like Aladdin, what would you wish for? One of my answers was motivation.

As I started feeling better, there was very little energy to get things done and as I started getting energy, there was very little desire to much, for fear of overdoing it and going back to being blah. I have seen a little bit of improvement and have done a few things, but this had made me realize how important being motivated is in dealing with any health condition or situation.

From what is written above, I am not an expert on this subject at all. In fact, I could use some help brainstorming and discussing ideas and ways to get or remain motivated, especially when they are struggling with lack of hope or helplessness or the struggles involved with chronic health condition, in all realms: physical, mental, social, and emotional.

Please comment below or leave a me a message or comment somewhere. I will try to share the compilation of ideas so that we can all get the help we need on this subject. Thank you in advance. :)

3 comments:

  1. I think finding something you enjoy and do it. I have been feeling somewhat similar. I had tons of allergies that suddenly came out of nowhere. I cant eat fruits and veggies anymore. They put me on multiple antihistamines until they can find out what's causing this. The antihistamines make it so hard to get out of bed. Eating basically causes a panic attacks. Forcing myself out of bed is the hardest part of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, this is something I've struggled with for YEARS!! I finally bit on some key points. 1- motivation is not a 1 time thing. You need to find it EVERY DAY. 2- my biggest problem was wanting to accomplish too many good things. I finally wrote out (actually listed on paper) all of my priorities and the steps needed to take them. Then I only focus on the first one. If I get it done, I'll move to the 2nd. It makes things less daunting and more easily achieved! 3- put printed reminders EVERYWHERE! 4- remember the most important thing is scripture and prayer. As long as you're accomplishing those 2 things, everything else will fall into place or fall out off your life. Best of luck beautiful girl. I think you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were a few other thoughts that came in via different means today. Advice: Pray! Take baby steps. Choose one small thing at a time. Make it a habit and then start again. Said by Heather, "If we do our part and like Nephi, say I will (insert your goal) every morning, then we should remember what the Lord promises in Isaiah 41:10 ... I will strengthen, help and uphold thee." Other tips: Don't get frustrated over what you didn't get done or didn't accomplish. Celebrate what you do, no matter how small.

    ReplyDelete