Monday, May 5, 2014

Survivor

It's a fact of life that we all go through hard times. However, how we get through those hard times shows our true character. Some people choose to play the victim role. They think everyone and everything is out to get them. Others play it completely opposite and end up being seen as survivors.

It's hard to go through difficulties when it comes to health issues. I cannot count the number of times people have come up to me and told me I cannot catch a break or that I have been through so much. It's not easy. I have learned that my attitude is a huge factor. When I am positive I feel better and it is easier to get through the hard times. One of my favorite quotes is from Marjorie Hinckley. It says, with paraphrasing, I have two choices, I can laugh or I can cry. I choose to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.

The other day, I saw this quote and thought how the bold statement at the end can become a motto for our lives.


Let's become survivors and not victims, no matter what we are dealing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment